5 Thought-Provoking Snippets from Bestsellers.

7:27:00 PM



Only a true bibliophile knows the importance of the specific extracts that appear in books, ones that hold profound meaning and accuracy. Some are all-too-relatable, while others are bone-chilling horrendous.

Here are five thought-provoking extracts that you must know of.

1. Paper Towns, by John Green.


"I mean, at some point, you gotta' stop looking up at the sky, or one of these days you’ll look back down and see that you floated away, too.”

2. Delirium, by Lauren Oliver.

"I’ll tell you another secret, this one for your own good. 
You may think the past has something to tell you. You 
may think that you should listen, should strain to make 
out its whispers, should bend over backward, stoop 
down low to hear its voice breathed up from the ground, 
from the dead places. You may think there’s something 
in it for you, something to understand or make sense of. 
But I know the truth: I know from the nights of 
Coldness. I know the past will drag you backward and 
down, have you snatching at whispers of wind and the 
gibberish of trees rubbing together, trying to decipher 
some code, trying to piece together what was broken. 
It’s hopeless. The past is nothing but a weight. It will 
build inside of you like a stone. 
Take it from me: If you hear the past speaking to you, 
feel it tugging at your back and running its fingers up 
your spine, the best thing to do — the only thing — is run."

3. Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden.

"But now I know that our world is no more permanent than a wave rising on the ocean. Whatever our struggles and triumphs, however we may suffer them, all too soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper."

4. Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard.



"Strange, my enemies know me best, and my family doesn't know me at all."

5. A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas.


"I thought of that merry face, the flippant laughter, the female that did not care who approved. Perhaps because she had seen the ugliest her kind had to offer. And had survived."

Who said reading isn't fun?

You book-haters need to reconsider a great deal.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts