Stole Away Everything.

10:19:00 PM

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. What I see, are bruises, cuts, and scars of countless struggles. What appears is rough skin, blemished. A look at my eyes reminds me of all the times spent in corners, shedding tears. What is no longer conceivable is the glint of ember in my irises. 


The broken remain broken; whether or not they master to deceive the world. 

My hands, my veiny hands. The blue that runs in every vein is so prominent. My fingers feel so fragile; threatening on each movement to break into dainty pieces. They shudder terribly when employed to work, freezing my precarious heartbeat to a dangerous stop. 

I have silver hair; old age has siphoned from it all of its youthful color. It cascades down my trembling shoulders, its ends dying away into knotty curls. My beautiful hair, now dead.

Tears escape my eyes. I stifle a moan, which brings pain to my dry, aching throat. 

Pain. So much pain. All I've felt is eternal pain.

I am hollow inside. Empty and alone, I lie on this floor; my chin on my knees and hands encircling my folded, bent legs.

This desolation. All of this pain, is because I never said "no".

I never stopped people from stealing from me.

And they stole away everything. 

They stole away everything.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts