The Light at the Tunnel's End.

11:37:00 PM

A foot in front of the other. 

The dark of this tunnel may be frightening; but not frightening enough. I continue, despite the illusions my brain creates to deter me from the exit. 

I have no complete memory of how I got here; just broken images. 

I have been walking for hours. Sweat trickles down my back; bathing the cloth of my clothing into saltiness. The wet garment sticks to my back, making walking through this silent, abandoned tunnel even more unbearable.  

I realize after my feet begin to bleed, that I have been trudging barefoot.

I feel like I'll never get out of here.

I remember now...

Choosing wrong led me here. 

I chose wrong. 

When the light at the far end first makes me blink and shield my eyes with my hands, I know that I've begun to hallucinate. But I learn soon that what I can see is light.  

The light at the tunnel's end!

The exit; my way out!

I fasten my slow, tired pace—pure joy pouring energy into me.

I am getting closer.

Closer.

But.

My mind registers an eerie detail: the light is advancing towards me...

With such ferocious speed, agility...

My jubilation dies immediately when I have successfully solved the puzzle.

It's a train.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts