Masquerade Balls.

7:38:00 PM

There's always more to people than what they let on.

The lectures I sat in today were like masquerade balls; everyone had a mask obscuring their faces. There were a few that slipped, and the faces that I saw underneath, were horrible.

Like the face of a classmate of mine, making a scandalous remark on my helping out a rather withdrawn girl of our class. Like the face of this very classmate, when I tried to help another student. Like the face of the other student above, that I tried to help out. Like the faces of the students I had learned to believe in, snickering away at me...

They were simply horrible.

These people are something else entirely to my face, but completely different individuals in my absence or when my back is facing them.

Nothing I say gives me the respect I want. No matter how fake I am to them, no matter how much
"niceness" I fake to earn their sincerity, I get none.

I guess I'll stop now.

It's time I put on a mask of my own.

And blend in.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts