Spirit.

7:17:00 PM

I stand alone.

My hands are chained to the ground, the length of my jangling captors allowing me to stand upright.

A thousand glare at me.

There is fire in their eyes, the contempt I can see is unbearable.

Something is weighing me down. It is like a million rocks are hanging from my back. 

The fire in their eyes increases.

Something inside of me dies.

I know what it is.

My spirit.

But, then...

Pure fury is what I feel next.

My imprisoned hands burst into flames, breaking away from the chains binding them to the earth.

The weight that felt like rocks, now feels light.

I glance down at my shadow.

I have wings. 

The fire in their glare is no match for the one in my hands.

I start running, my wings flapping behind, readying to lift me up into the sky.

With a single jump, I am high up in the air.

I stare down below, at the glaring crowd.

They are nowhere to be seen. 

I continue flying. To the top.

They can never destroy my spirit. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts