My Name.

12:32:00 AM



I open my eyes to a constant whirring in my ears. Jerking upright, I take in my surroundings; my head frantic. The movement brings pain in my neck, and I rub my brown hand to soothe the aching. There is dull, grey mist that seems to be all that I can see. I wave some away to better see, but the cloud I waved away is replaced by another.

What is this place? 

A shiver runs down my spine as realization knocks my breath away. I've been here before. 

And I am here again.

I will each step, and make my way forward. My feet are bare, I realize, and the ground beneath is cold, and uneven. Sand. 

My knees collide with something hard and I fall face down.

Sitting up straight, I feel for what knocked me down with my hands, it's an effort to discern anything in this dark place. Horror fills me when I've confirmed what I collided into.

It's a tombstone. 

There are letters carved on the white marble. I brush my cold fingers across the engraving. They appear to have been engraved by hideous, beastly hands. The letters are untidy and horrifying. I squint closer and try to read the erect stone. 

I gasp in horror as I see my hands clearly. 

They are hideous, beastly. 

I start waving them wildly into thin air, gripped by foolish hope that they might become normal by my doing so. 

Nothing happens; they stay the same. 

However, the mist clouding the engraving clears away. 

And I read my name on it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts