Bad Reputation.

3:55:00 PM

I don't even have to guess who the culprit is. There is always one anywhere I go.

My bad reputation has little effect on me nowadays. The part of my brain that was responsible for scolding me and shaping me into something appealing for the eyes of people, has been dormant for a long time.

He stood there, pretending to browse for jeans. Did he know that his acting wasn't good enough to hide his true purpose? I don't know. As long as they successfully spread their virus of a rumor, they're good.

Once I and my dad were done, he gave me a backwards glance and then revealed his ulterior motive for having bothered the salesman. I didn't have to eavesdrop to know what he was feeding the ears of his new recruit. I just stared, hopeless and helpless. What could have I done?

So what if I'm being demonized for things that I haven't done? I know what I am. Isn't that enough? And even if it comes down to making the ones that really matter believe me, I know I'll pass that test with flying colors.

There's so much good to be done! I have to focus on that. I'm too tired to fight back. Instead, I'll do something equal in magnitude to the rumor, and then win with additional strength.

That's the best thought I've had all day.

I know I haven't done anyone any harm. They're the ones bullying me. They're the bad guys. And I am not. I am one thing. And that is: Naive. One lifetime is too short to deal with a misunderstanding as grave as this.

I know what to do now: Fight back with good deeds. Overpower their rumor. And win.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts