I'll Take It No More.

2:25:00 PM

It's been four years...

My nightly escapades, and of the day, weren't scrutinized with the ferocity of today back when I initially began. The possible consequences of my activity didn't even occur to me. If only I had been as smart as I was considered at school. But I wasn't. I was oblivious to the horrors that awaited me.

I would get out every night. My phone would be in my hand, connected to it, my ear-phones; making their way up and into my ears. The music would always be loud, however, an occasional vehicle passing by would sift through the commotion in my ears and make it's presence known. My time outside, I was accustomed to thinking back then, was of poetic awakening. I would look up at the night sky and count the stars. This would quickly trigger whatever body is responsible in my brain for the poetry I write and I would soon be entertaining an "idea". There were other ways of conjuring up the beginnings of new poems. Somehow, roaming around aimlessly in the dark used to do the trick.

But I don't go on my adventures anymore. Not since the rumors originated.

People...

They thought of me as someone "dangerous" and made it their sole aim to follow me wherever I went. While all I did was think about poetry, they thought I was doing something...suspicious. Their tenacity worsened and they recruited more people for the accomplishment of their sacred task. It worsened still and they were successful in securing the help of the police.

They follow me everywhere now.

Whenever I now leave my house to run an errand, people outside look at me with contemptuous, condemning eyes. Some laugh, some simply stare; trying to study the creature that they see before them.

I am notorious in this city.

Just because some people spread a stupid rumor, which has now multiplied and has all sorts of variations, these four years of my life have been my most toughest yet. And I know even more are to follow, if I choose to stay dormant.

But no more.

I've decided that I won't let them ruin my life anymore. I'll clear my name through this blog. I'll make them see that they have been wrong in their wild conjecture—and not just one—and that I am very far away from the person they've been thinking I am, and have been, and still are, forcing others to believe so, too.

I'll take it no more.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts