Here's to Us!

7:15:00 PM

I was tense.

Pacing in almost all of the corridors, my spelling bee book in my hands, I was on a constant lookout for a friend of mine whom I believe I get along with well. I never saw him. But he arrived at the main campus all the same.

Combat was great!

PAF-KIET is one of this city's amazing universities. It's a shame not everyone knows about us.

I'll make sure that they do.

I got off the point, the fingers of my right hand pressing my forehead tightly. My migraine had ambushed me during the ride; I miraculously won against it. My pain-killers did the job. So did my dozing off into semi-consciousness for a while.

We were ushered centrally. There, the competition commenced. There took place a segregation of the participants. I was whisked away along with the other Spelling Bee and IQ participants. Which included two seventh-graders!

There were a lot of other similar perplexing things about Combat.

The management, for once, was of...

It was of...

Not much concentration had been dedicated to it.

Isn't it our responsibility now? We're the Freshmen. Our seniors will be leaving soon; it'll be up to us to hold things together. Maybe even make them better.

We later proceeded to our arena. It was revealed that the competition will not be verbal, but we'll have to write our spellings on paper.

It was an hour of a hundred and seventy-five words...

Which I personally believe was pretty cool.

I think I aced my first competition. I'll find out whether I qualified for the next round by a text-message.

It was Chess next. I won in my first round, but lost in my second. I'm still a beginner.

This was followed by my last competition: IQ. Which...didn't go that well. Who knows? I might get another qualifier's text-message. I just might.

I realized today that I have a responsibility to my university. I do.

There is so much to be done. A whole new reputation to be formed. More crowd-attracting events. Frequent mention in the news.

There's a lot to be done.

Together, with my classmates, I think this is possible.

So, here's to us!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am now thinking it was a poor decision, not to take part in Combat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU don't need ComBat to prove yourself; we know you're amazing. However, do register yourself for Procom.

      Delete

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts