Reflection.

3:55:00 PM

The first semester revealed a lot that was oblivious to me. It felt like I was a mechanic, hired to review and make changes to a robot that was me, too. I came across some hidden flaws of mine, and even fixed a few. I already knew what skills I had, but also discovered some new ones and even developed interest in areas I never would've thought excellence was possible in.

Meeting new people was the best part. I made friends out of some amazing people, who helped me in discovering what else I was capable of. I used to be such an anti-social pessimist; cringing at the entire entire idea of socializing and indulging in conversations. I'm glad that is in the past.

There were a lot of misconceptions I had about people in general. Not everyone is evil. It's all about giving the friends you've chosen all of your love and friendship. Stay committed to them and never betray them, and they'll be by your side whenever you need them. That's what I learned.

There are so many beautiful people out there! This world feels like it has run out of meanies when you just stop thinking about them, and focus on the ones who are not. It gives you hope. You're no longer afraid of making new friends and your life gets better. You forget about all the drama and the poison, and ultimately, the people associated with the two.

There is so much more to spending a life than just working day and night to accomplish your goals and trying to make it meaningful and worthy. You can reach out to so many like you, also to the ones who're different. You can learn so much from both, and teach them, too. It's like symbiosis.

I believe — now — that we all have a responsibility to this world. And we fulfill it without even knowing! By being ourselves. Yes, that's right. By being the best versions of ourselves possible.

I've had a taste of making new friends and being social. And I want more. We're in charge of our happiness, not our tormentors.

They must be mourning this discovery.

I know.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts